About this Policy
This Privacy and Cookie Notice provides information on how the Rootz Closet eShop (“eShop”) collects and processes your personal data when you visit our website via Internet or mobile (“website”).
Who we are
Our website address is: https://rootzcloset.shop.
This eShop is operated by Ruth Akawe, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
You can contact us by using our eShop contact form.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your personal data in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following different kinds of personal data about you for marketing and personal data optimization purposes. Our eShop also uses Google Digital Marketing to propose targeted offers (aka “remarketing”).
To find out more:
- Information you provide to us: we receive and store the information you provide to us including your identity data, contact data, delivery address and financial data.
- Information on your use of our website: we automatically collect and store certain types of information regarding your use of the eShop including information about your searches, views, downloads and purchases.
- Information from third parties and publicly available sources: we may receive information about you from third parties including our carriers; payment service providers; merchants/brands; and advertising service providers.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order…
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help detect spam.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
We collect information about visitors who comment through the Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When visitors send a message through the contact form(s) on the site, we collect the data shown in the contact form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help detect spam.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer.
- Recognising and counting the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it (this helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for).
- Identifying your preferences and subscriptions e.g. saved items, items stored in your basket, etc.; and
- Sending you newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your interests.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
Our approved third parties may also set cookies when you use our eShop. Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks and may include advertising companies in the future.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information. Login cookies last for a few days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 1 year for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses Google Analytics.
If you don’t want Google Analytics to collect or use your information, you can unsubscribe here:
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services that we offer, including the following:
- Registering you as a new customer.
- Processing and delivering your orders.
- Managing your relationship with us.
- Enabling you to participate in promotions, competitions and surveys.
- Improving our website, applications, products and services.
- Recommending/advertising products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Complying with our legal obligations, including verifying your identity where necessary.
- Detecting fraud, to comply with the law.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We may transfer your personal data to locations in another country, if this is permissible pursuant to applicable laws in your location. There are inherent risks in such transfers.
In the event of international transfers of your personal data, we shall put in place measures necessary to protect your data, and we shall continue to respect your legal rights pursuant to the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Notice and applicable laws in your location.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Your Legal Rights
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to access, correct or erase your personal data, object to or restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
If you are looking for more information on how we process your personal data, or you wish to exercise your legal rights in respect of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Start Shopping?